Plastic Surgery in America
The first cosmetic surgery training program in U.S. was established by Dr. John Davis in 1924 and fellowship was conducted at Johns Hopkins. A great number of people suffer major, life-altering injuries, including severe disfigurement as a result of trauma and accidents. The consequences of these disfiguring injuries can lead to emotional distress and an altered self-image. Skilfully performed, a plastic surgery can do wonders in their lives.
Plastic surgery unites both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. More and more people are getting aware about plastic surgery with the rise in the number of cosmetic surgeries performed and the media's coverage of cosmetic surgery increasing. This widespread knowledge in cosmetic surgery has helped many people in America to erase the stigma that was once associated with cosmetic and plastic surgeries
. Enhanced techniques, scientific research, and decreased prices have also contributed to the continuously increasing demand. Now people at any age want to reduce the aging signs, look rejuvenated, or might want to reduce or augment, redefine, or eliminate asymmetry on their body or face. More than 8,234 breast augmentations were performed on 18-19 year olds in 2013 in America. Some common plastic surgeries include Rhinoplasty (nose reshaping), Otoplasty (ear surgery), Correction of Breast Asymmetry, Breast Augmentation, Breast Reduction, Acne and Acne Scar Treatment, Male Breast Reduction. The number of individuals opting for plastic surgery has increased in recent years. Advancement in techniques has increased the number of options you can choose. However, all surgeries are associated with some risk. Though plastic surgery can improve a part of your body, but it can improve your quality of life. Make sure your goals are not unrealistic, and you do your homework before you go for any of the cosmetic operations. In My Cosmetic Surgery, Miami, patients receive cutting-edge, state-of-the-art care by highly trained and skilled Plastic Surgeons. One of them is Dr.Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD, who has 9 years of experience providing cosmetic and aesthetic medical services. My cosmetic surgery Miami has Plastic Surgeons who are experienced, and qualified to perform both cosmetic and reconstructive procedures on the face and all areas of the body. As many reconstructive plastic surgeries involve cosmetic surgery, surgeons of My Cosmetic Surgery are specially qualified to deal with your cosmetic requirements.
Some common Plastic Surgery Procedures routinely carried out at My Cosmetic Surgery, Miami, Florida are:
- Liposuction: This treats areas of excess fat in the stomach, buttocks, hips, love handles, saddlebags, thighs, calves, ankles, breasts, back, arms and neck.
- Scar Revision: Scar revision surgery is meant to minimize the scar so that it is more consistent with your surrounding skin tone and texture.
- VASER Hi-Definition and Vaser Liposuction: For those looking for a highly defined, athletic, sculpted look, VASER High Definition Liposculpture is the better option.
- Cosmetic surgery procedures like Facelift, Asian Eyelid Surgery, Neck Lift, Arm Lift, Body Lift Fat Grafting and Brow Lift are also carried out at My Cosmetic Surgery, Miami, Florida
Non-surgical procedures performed in My Cosmetic Surgery, Miami are:
- Botox Treatment: Botox is a muscle relaxant which is administered via a series of painless, super-fine injections into the muscles of the face where wrinkles most commonly form.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: HRT is used to treat post menopausal symptoms.