Luke Gutwein, MD.
Luke Gutwein, M.D., is an American plastic and reconstructive surgeon with extensive medical training in the field of surgery. Member of prestigious professional organizations and with a certificate endorsed by the American Board of Surgery. Along with his studies, he has numerous published research and innovations on medical methods and devices.
His enthusiasm for plastic surgery is based on wide opportunities that this specialty offers to operate in all areas of the body. The performance of this doctor is also distinguished by the quality of his surgical interventions and his interest in offering an excellent service. Since 2018 he joined the team of surgeons of My Cosmetic Surgery.
Studies And Experience
Dr. Gutwein obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Engineering from Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, in 2003. Then he was trained as a doctor at the Indiana University School of Medicine in 2007, one of the leading institutions in research and discoveries recognized at international level.
For two years, he worked in the Emergency Department at San Vicente Hospital, a center that allowed him to refine the medical knowledge and physical diagnosis to patients.
After that, he moved to the University of Florida, in Gainesville, to receive training in the specialty of Surgery. Later, he performed as Chief Resident. In this stage he also worked in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit of the Veterans Hospital of the city.
Dr. Gutwein returned to the University of Indiana to complete his studies in the Specialty of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 2013. For some time, he served as professor of Anatomy in the Faculty of Medicine at St. George University, in Grenada.
Procedures performed by Dr. Luke Gutwein M.D. at My Cosmetic Surgery
- Breasts: Augmentation with Implants, Lift, and Reduction, Gynecomastia
- Tummy Tuck (Regular, Mini, and Extended), Mommy Makeover (combination of procedures).
- ody contouring: Liposculpture,Traditional Liposuction, Liposuction with Fat Transfer, Chin Liposuction, Arms and Thighs Lift, Six Pack.
- Blepharoplasty, Otoplasty, Rhinoplasty, Labioplasty, Scar Revision, Blepharoplasty.
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Association for Academic Surgery
Awards – Research & Academic
- Biomedical Engineering Society National Award for Outstanding Achievement by an Undergraduate Student In a Research and Design Project, Houston, October 24th, 2002.
- The Breast Journal Award for Tumor Endothelial Marker 8 Expression in Triple Negative Breast Cancer presented at The 16th Annual Multidisciplinary Symposium on Breast Disease, Amelia Island, February 12th, 2011.
- Best Clinical Abstract for Allocation of Healthcare Dollars: Analysis of Nonneonatal Circumcisions in Florida presented at The 9th Annual Department of Surgery Research Day, Gainesville, April 8th, 2013.
- Outstanding Academic Achievement Award, University of Florida Department of Surgery 2008-2009.
- Otis R. Bowen/One America Scholarship Award, Indiana University School of Medicine 2003.
Some of this doctor's publications:
- Gutwein, L.G., Helmig, R.D., Bahler, C.D., Ben-David, K., Behrns, K.E., “Design & Experimental Evaluation of an Anti-Leak Feeding Tube,” Journal of Surgical Research 195(1):10-15, 2015.
- Gutwein, L.G., Merrell, G.A., Knox, K.R., “Paraumbilical Perforator Flap for Soft Tissue Reconstruction of the Forearm,” Journal of Hand Surgery 40(3): 586-592, 2015.
- Gutwein, L.G., Alvarez, J.F., Gutwein, J.L., Kays, D.W., Isam, S., “Allocation of Healthcare Dollars: Analysis of Nonneonatal Circumcisions in Florida,” The American Surgeon 79(9): 865-869, 2013.
- Gutwein, L.G., Panigrahi, M., Schultz, G.S., Mast, B.A., “Microbial Barriers,” Clinics in Plastic Surgery 39(3): 229-38, 2012.
- Gutwein, L.G., Singh, A.K., Hahn, M.A., Rule, M.C., Knapik, J.A., Moudgil, B.M., Brown, S.C., Grobmyer, S.R., “Fractionated photothermal antitumor therapy with multidye nanoparticles,” International Journal of Nanomedicine 2012(7): 351-57, 2012.
- Gutwein, L.G., Al-Quran, S.Z., Fernando, S., Fletcher, B.S., Copeland, E.M., Grobmyer, S.R., “Tumor Endothelial Marker 8 Expression in Triple-negative Breast Cancer,” Anticancer Research 31(10): 3417-21, 2011.
- Gutwein, L.G., Ang, D.N., Liu, H., Marshall, J.K., Hochwald, S.N., Copeland, E.M., Grobmyer, S.R., “Utilization of minimally invasive breast biopsy for the evaluation of suspicious breast lesions,” American Journal of Surgery 202(2): 127-132, 2011.
Referencias http://www.grenadaplasticsurgery.com/dr-gutwein.html http://surgery.med.ufl.edu/2013/06/27/chief-resident-profile-luke-g-gutwein-m-d/ https://www.doximity.com/pub/luke-gutwein-md?show_more=true#publications