William Scott McDonald, MD Plastic Surgeon
Dr. William Scott McDonald is one of the most prestigious plastic surgeons in the country, with more than 25 years of medical practice and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. McDonald has dedicated part of his life to teaching. He considers new information vital for new generations.
In his belief, this guarantees new doctors to satisfy their patients with the best physical results and treatment possible.
William Scott McDonald has participated in various exchanges and training of plastic surgery in countries such as Cuba, Haiti, Palestine, and Colombia, for which he has received distinctions such as the Prize for Teaching for Residents at The Mt. Sinai School of Medicine Division of Plastic Surgery In New York.
Dr. McDonald is an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). In addition, he has served as Secretary/Treasurer, Vice President, and President of the Society of Plastic Surgeons of Miami and as a Board Member of the Dade County Medical Association.
He currently works as a plastic surgeon in My Cosmetic Surgery.
Studies and professional experience
Dr. William Scott McDonald graduated from the Louisiana State University School of Medicine, where he also completed his residency in General Surgery.
He then completed a year of research at Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles before entering a residence in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery at the University of New York.
Later, Dr. McDonald returned to the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles for a year of specialized training in Craniofacial Surgery.
His extensive career has included many years of academic medicine teaching Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana, and at the University of Miami School of Medicine in Miami, Florida.
His private plastic and reconstructive surgery practice are based in Miami, FL.
Professional associations, awards, and recognitions
- 2000 Research Prize awarded by the Maxillofacial Surgeons Foundation of the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons through the courtesy of the Association for the Study of Internal Fixation and Maxillofacial Synthes.
- Summa Cum Laude, Northeast of the University of Louisiana.
- Louisiana Chapter, American College of Surgeons. Trauma residents contest winners. Hypertrophic skin grafts in burns 1985.
- Trauma Competition Committee, Southern California. Better research work. Debridement and primary closure of contaminated wounds: a comparison of 1986 methods.
- Pfizer International Innovation Award (finalist) 1987 Ultrasonic Debridement.
PLastic Surgery Procedures
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Tummy Tuck
- Thigh Lift
- Eyelid Surgery
- Face Lift and Neck Lift Plastic Surgery
- Correction of Scars
Go to the Before and After Plastic Surgery page
You can check more videos: My Cosmetic Surgery Youtube Channel